I never really have had a bucket list, but there’s a lot of things I’d like to do in my life that I’ve just never put on paper. Most of the bucket list things I have to do are travel related, there isn’t a whole lot of the typical “skydiving” or “go to Paris” that people tend to usually have on their lists, I prefer doing slightly offbeat things, or going places that are off the beaten track from typical tourist routes. I have been to Paris, it was cool, but it was never really a bucket list thing for me in the first place.
- I want to go back to Africa again. I visited Morocco with my mother briefly, as a day trip when we were staying in Spain. However, they put us on the tourist route and pretty much chaperoned us around the city and had us heckled by like 3,000 street vendors on purpose. Morocco was cool, but it is again one of the most heavily tourist tracked cities in North Africa. I really want to visit Kenya, Ghana, Namibia and South Africa, and kind of go on a slightly more open visitation that isn’t just items that are meant for tourist eyes only.
- Another travel related thing, but I want to go to Siberia as well. I find it extremely interesting how much culture, and atypical factors that this region holds. Whether it be the presence of Tibetan Buddhists, Chinese influence, and just the scenery itself.
- I’d also like to live in a different part of the world for at least six months. While I’ve visited places, I always think it’s a crucial part of development to be exposed to different cultures for longer periods of time.
- I really want to see Dire Straits live. One of my favorite bands, and both of my parents like them as well. I only have a couple of friends who like this kind of music as much as I do, which is really a shame. I’m not even sure if they still tour.
- Another bucket list item I have is that I’d like to go sailing somewhere. I just think boats are cool…..